Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #1121

Detailed the black boxster with turtlewax black box, holy crap what a diff. Scratches I had noticed have now vanished. I also did the wet look on the tires and other treatments to the interior, first time detailing a car and it was alot of fun.

polkfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #1122
On the slippery slope

Garage
130 mile back road trip with the local PCA chapter.
Around 80 P-cars, mostly 911, a dozen or so boxsters ,a few caymens, 3 x 968 and a Panamera and a 356

Probably 80 miles of it was twisties (yea baby )

Beautiful San Diego weather great fun and the planets must have been aligned as there was almost no traffic to slow us down. We were probably spread out over 1-2 miles.

It was fun watching people on the side of the road as we passed with their heads swiveling back and forth as Porsche after Porsche passed them

This was my first one and it was an absolute blast. definitely one of the best 3.5 hours I have spent in a long time
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #1123

Realized that my plastic window finally bit the dust. Huge crack near the spot where the seam needed to be glued.

I knew that it was only a matter of time. I will be ordering a new one tomorrow
cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #1124

Garage
Fixed my stuck rear wing

I bought the car about a month and a half ago and developed a punch list of items needing to be addressed. One of the biggies was the wing went up half way when I got the car then never moved again!

Bought a manual online and went to town tonight! Turned out to be a simple fix. After taking it apart I could see one of the bumper holder tabs was out too far and hitting the wing. Easy fix... Feeling a bit proud of myself on my first project. Hoping the other projects go this well!

:-)
Waynesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #1125

Forgive the bad lighting... it was late when I finished. Put the Top Speed mufflers and cat deletes in. Actually had the mufflers in already, but had to disconnect to do the cat deletes. A much better sound now with a near stock sound when cruising. I'm way happier now than I was with just the muffler.

As for power, I can't really tell if there's much more. It does get up a bit better in the lower rpms though. I'll be at the track soon and will be able to tell better there. Overall I'm very pleased and would highly recommend.

Now I just have to get an updated flash to take full advantage of the upgrade. $$$

JBoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #1126
Rookie

Garage
Filled the tank and took her to the Mount Hood National forest via the winding hilly roads of the Historic Columbia River Highway (Hwy 30). Its only about 20 minutes from my house so this will be a regular stomping ground for me when Im looking for a spirited ride. This shot was taken today just before entering the National Forest proper. Still learning the car but just a man and his Boxster testing the limits of gravity and adhesion.

TypeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #1127

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
Filled the tank and took her to the Mount Hood National forest via the winding hilly roads of the Historic Columbia River Highway (Hwy 30). Its only about 20 minutes from my house so this will be a regular stomping ground for me when Im looking for a spirited ride. This shot was taken today just before entering the National Forest proper. Still learning the car but just a man and his Boxster testing the limits of gravity and adhesion.

I just flew over Mt Hood yesterday, would love to see it from the Boxster
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:39 AM   #1128

Garage
Changed both rear wheel bearings and brake rotors. Enjoyed listening to the air intake music afterwards 😃😉
Old 06-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #1129

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to saintdrug
I made polish, wax and cleaned it, then I installed an LED light just below the headlights seen in photo, where you can see, cleaned the 19" rims, but now I saw that the top is a bit loose from behind, and also its just eating through my petrol lol, but that's because I am stepping on it I guess, because when I go highway (limit is 120km) here, and go with 5th gear, it just feels bad the car is screaming, what are you doing saint? that's what I noticed so far, but the thrill of that mid engine is so... damn awesome!

www.blackhatethicalhacking.com
Boxster 2.7 2002 with Bose Proud Owner
saintdrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #1130

Garage
this is how they look at night had to wait for the night :-D

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk

Old 06-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #1131

Garage
Cleaned it up after last Saturdays AutoX in preparation for the drive next weekends drive to Monterey for the Porsche Parade. Finally thought of a good background for some pictures. Bad light but I hate pics with busy backgrounds.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #1132
Rookie

Garage
Took her to Vista House at Crown Point, Corbett Oregon.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #1133

First wax job on the new Boxster S.
gomarlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #1134

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Cleaned it up after last Saturdays AutoX in preparation for the drive next weekends drive to Monterey for the Porsche Parade. Finally thought of a good background for some pictures. Bad light but I hate pics with busy backgrounds.

You will have many photo opportunities along highway 1, if you take that route, and don't pass me without waving!:dance:

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #1135

Garage
Drove the Jägermobile to the San Luis Obispo (SLO) Concours today. More Porsches than any other make.

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #1136

I love the techno wheels. I want a set too.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:42 AM   #1137

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post

It looks better with the number 36 on it bill
I've no idea how you got that beast into cc03
I stopped by there on the way home from work yesterday to see who was at the SCCA meet .... Pretty much the same track as pca had laid out , but I had an empty tank and my helmet was at home
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #1138

Garage
Finished the wax finally, tomorrow will install the new caps wheel colour, the Bluetooth parrot, apply the liquid to fix the plastic bit from the top, and got more and more to do
found out that I need to change the oxygen sensors too, its eating up my fuel, but this Friday its due for a full service anyway.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #1139

Garage
New top with rear glass window and defroster :dance:

99' 986 Porsche Boxster - Glacier White/Black interior, 19" ALT Miro Type 371 Wheels, ROW M030 Kit, RSS 7mm Wheel spacers, Smoked Depot Brake lights, Smoked 3rd Brake light, Bosch Smoked side markers/headlight corners, Desnorkeled, Modified Air Filter, Carbon Fiber door sills, Plasti-dipped side mirrors/air ducts, debadged rear, black hood crest, Keyhole delete, Much more to come, stay tuned...
Touch The Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #1140

Garage
I forgot to take pictures, but this weekend, I replaced the water pump and thermostat. Double flushed the coolant. Changed the oil and filter. And I replaced one tie rod. Don't laugh. I was beat. Plus I had the other side against a wall and decided not to mess around with trying to replace the other from underneath the car. I got the car off the jack stands for the first time in a couple months and drove it (slowly, because I only had 4 lugs installed on each of the front wheels) around the block so I could turn it around to gain access to the other side.

Next weekend, install the tie rod, change spark plugs, and replace the front bumper. I'm waiting to do that, because I think it looks cool without the front bumper. Then let the prettification start. Finally.

CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote