Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2004, 02:08 PM   #1

My 986

Hey all,
Here are a few pics of my car. It is finally coming out of the shop tomorrow, Friday. Looking forward to getting it on the road this weekend. it is supposed to be really nice. Anyway I thought I would show and tell

jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #2

That **************** is da bomb yo.^
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:33 AM   #3

Thx adam,
A lot of time and money went into it looking and running the way it does. I appreciate the positive feedback
Once I have more information from my shop I will let you all know but one of the import tuning magazines is planning on expoing my car in one of their future publications.
Once I get it back later today, this weekend I will take some better pics outside on the road of it on the finished products
Old 03-12-2004, 09:28 AM   #4

Pretty Sweet! Where did you get that done? Was it in the Northern Virginia area? I grew up in Fairfax.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:44 AM   #5

hey Q,
yeah I live in Alexandria. THere is a place called Porsche Pitstop in Alexandria. We have worked together for over a year putting the performace and body mods together. We picked parts from various manufacturers that we liked and put it all together.

Last edited by jfmillr; 03-12-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:41 PM   #6
Forum Contributor

jfmillr

Nice!!!

By the way, what year is your Boxster?

I rarely see that type of rear spoiler on a Boxster. Where and how $$ if you don't mind me asking.
mark_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:21 PM   #7

Thx,
its a 2000 with just over 25 k miles. Notice the plates 09860....
several companies make a simular wings. FVD, Gemballa, Strosek and I beleive a few others probably are around who make them. They start at just a couple hundred dollars and can go up from there depending on who made them and of what material. Also getting it painted and installed can be about equal in price.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #8

Nice Car. You've got mine beat.
daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #9

Did you get the car back yet? I'd really like to see a picture with that new front end installed.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #10

yeah I got it back. Tomorrow, sunday I will take some pics... Gotta run...post it later...

Last edited by jfmillr; 03-13-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #11

I like the look of the back without the bumperettes and the screen behind your plate. I like the rear wing too. BTW, I know tweeks sells those wings, but I can't remember for how much $$ Mark. Miller, are those the boxster S brake calipers, or did you get those painted red yourself? The rotors appear to be non S.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:39 AM   #12

THx. Yeah I had them remove the bumperettes and put a stainless steel mesh grill behind it. I also had them paint the heat sheild and aluminum bumper behind the mesh so it would not be noticeable behind the mesh.
Hehe, so you noticed the calipers. Yes while the guy was painting almost 80% of the car, he offered for an additional $250 to powder paint all four caliper. How could I say no to that?!?!?
My brake pads have about 4-5k miles left on them. Once the pads go bad I will replace them along with new rotors like the S.
On a side note I raced a freinds '986 S' last night and beat him with little hesitation. He wasnt too happy to get outrun by a non S...hehe
Old 03-14-2004, 07:33 AM   #13

FYI I just changed the photos above. I left the one for the rear bumper since its a pretty good pic andreplaced the others to show the front end in place and again with the sides.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:49 AM   #14

Well, no one will ever confuse your car for a regular plain boxster Miller. It looks impressive. Very custom look. One thing I would have done since it was in the shop anyway was paint the engine grills to match the body like the newer boxsters. Would have been easy to do I believe. That is as long as they had A/S around and it looks like they did. Hold up, maybe they did do it. It's hard to tell from the pic because of the angle.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:52 AM   #15

Hehe. Yeah I had thought about that, but I found some Carbon FIber air intakes I plan to install on both sides. THats why I didnt bother. The grills wont be there in a few weeks once I install the new air scoops. The scoop will match up with the look of the side effects scoop. But I knew what you meant
Old 03-14-2004, 08:15 AM   #16

Awesome. Well done. I wish I still lived in the area so I could check it out in person.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:07 PM   #17

FYI I posted new pics to this link....

http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4811#post4811
Old 03-21-2004, 08:50 PM   #18

jfmillr your car looks amazing!! What else can I say!? I love the rear bumber mounted exhaust, not only looks incredible but... is really unique, any sound files? I do have a question for you... is the rear diffuser under the mesh, part of the bumber or can you take it off? Also if you dont mind me asking what did the complete rear exhaust set you back? Take care man.
PorscheCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:15 AM   #19

thx for the compliments
No I dont have any sound clips yet. I have yet to record anything on it. I will try to get something of a sound clip soon.
The rear diffusor is mounted by 4 bolts. THe 2 that you see just below the license plate area and then there are two more connected where the lower crossbars below the engine . It is removable however if you remove it you can see where ther stock exhaust was. As far as the rear bumper goes off the top of my head I spent about 5k. That is parts, painted, and installed. That does not include the price for the highflow cats, headers and pipes to the muffler. Add about $2500 for those items. My shop guys said if it had been anyone off the street coming in to do this mod he would normally charge about 8k just for the muffler and bumper.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:45 PM   #20

No problem man!, I really dig the custom look of the rear exhaust, very nice touch almost Carrera GT esche, does Gemballa sell any other style diffuser to cover the rear?, more along the lines of a Ruf 3600S..that car's diffuser looks alot like the Modena's. Anyway SHARP car, I am sure were all looking forward to some vid/audio of that exhaust does she set off car alarms? that's the sign of a good exhaust!!

PorscheCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote